Teacher Advocate Leader Application
*Questions will appear at the bottom of the page, please continue to scroll
If you are an educator in a public charter school with an interest in using your voice to influence systemic change for your students beyond the classroom, we are looking for you!
Applications for the inaugural cohort of the Teacher Advocate Leader Fellowship will be accepted through August 15, 2018. Through this highly selective, year-long program 7 teachers from across Texas will:
- Be awarded a $1000 award!
- Connect with a diverse group of teachers, policy and advocacy experts, and with elected officials; and
- Strengthen individual leadership skills and learn how to be an effective advocate.
The program* will launch at the annual Texas Charter Schools Association Conference on October 26, 2018 where chosen applicants will be publicly recognized and will participate in a kick-off training.
Summary of the program:
- Recognition at the Texas Charter Schools Association Conference (October 2018)
- 2-part required kick-off training: half-day at the Texas Charter Schools Association Conference in October 2018, half-day at the Texas Capitol in January 2019
- Monthly 30-minute communication with cohort members
- At least 2 hands-on advocacy engagement opportunities (ie testimony at a legislative hearing; speaking role at annual Charter Schools Rally, spearheading a legislative action campaign)
- A commitment of approximately 30 hours spanning a one-year fellowship
*Policy and advocacy training will be provided in partnership with Teach Plus Texas
Please email email@example.com the following supporting documents:
- Letter of support from your school principal/school leader